Have you ever considered — for even a moment — that your e-book would make an awesome television series or Hollywood film?
Test your instincts. With Hollywood Coverage, we’ll create a concise synopsis and critical analysis of your e-book that will be placed in a Hollywood database where industry writers, agents, actors, directors and producers will be able to access it.
Once your Hollywood Coverage is complete, we will submit it to our first-look Hollywood partner, Thruline Entertainment, who will review your work as a potential adaptation for film and television. Thruline Entertainment is a Hollywood management and production company whose clients include Academy Award Nominated screenwriters, Emmy Award winners and numerous A-list Hollywood actors.
If after reviewing your Hollywood Coverage Thruline decides not to engage on your project, a concise synopsis and critical analysis of your book will be placed into our Hollywood Database where agents, directors, actors and producers will have access to the information. As an alternative to knocking on the doors of Hollywood agents or cold calling production companies, this service gives you legitimate access to entertainment decision-makers.
Here’s what we’ll do:
- Before we enter your e-book into the Hollywood Database, we’ll prepare your coverage — an industry-standard format used for identifying viable new material. Your coverage will consist of two main elements, written by a professional reader:
- a thorough synopsis highlighting the main characters and events in your story
- a critical analysis that addresses your e-book’s key story points and discusses how your e-book might best be adapted for the screen
- Once your coverage is prepared, it will be considered for TV or movie adaption by Thruline Entertainment. If Thruline is interested in working with you, they will directly contact you to explain their plan of action to gauge your interest. If Thruline chooses not to engage with your concept, it will then be entered into our Hollywood Database, where registered entertainment professionals can browse and search for new material to adapt into feature films and television series.
View a Hollywood Coverage sample (pdf)
As an alternative to knocking down doors of Hollywood agents or waiting outside Steven Spielberg’s house, Hollywood Coverage gives you real professional access to television and film's industry experts.
* Your Hollywood Coverage will be fulfilled by an independent industry professional who does similar evaluations for the major agencies and studios. Booktango has no input regarding the critical analysis your book receives and we cannot guarantee results the evaluation will yield.
About Thruline Entertainment
Thruline Entertainment is a full-service Hollywood management and production company whose talent and literary roster includes Academy Award nominated screenwriter Annie Mumolo (Bridesmaids), Emmy Award-winner Kirk Ellis (John Adams), Emmy Award-winner Barry Julien (The Colbert Report), Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad), Emmy Award nominee Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emmy Award-winner Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) and multiple Emmy Award-winner Allison Janney (The West Wing.) Their production arm, Tagline Pictures, produces the hit USA Network series Psych. In addition to their wide reach among major studios, agencies and production companies in Hollywood, Thruline has strong international relationships with producers and talent reps where Thruline has optioned numerous books for scripted television and film development across the globe.