Sometimes it’s better to explain things visually, whether it’s through a chart, graph, table, diagram or photograph. Communicate yourself clearly. Just follow the guidelines below.
Submission Guidelines for in-text image insertion:
- All in-text graphics (including photos, tables, charts, diagrams, drawings, foreign fonts, and anything else that is not text or would be considered a graphic) should be submitted as individual TIFF (.tif) files, JPEF (.jpg) files, or GIF (.gif) files.
- For full-page images, we strongly recommend an image size of 500 x 700 pixels. The image height must be at least 600 pixels.
- For best display on e-readers, a minimum resolution of 72 PPI (pixels per inch) is required.
- The manuscript should identify placeholders for each of the interior graphics. Example: "PLACE [IMAGE NAME] HERE." Include photo captions if desired.
- The graphics you send to us should be exactly as you want them to appear in your book. We do not manipulate the images.
- Images must be in RGB color mode, not CMYK color mode.
- You must own the copyright to the image, or you must have written permission to use the image from the copyright owner.
- For more details on our guidelines, read our image guideline FAQ.
A picture is worth a thousand words – but we’re only charging 100 cents.